Free Hit Counters
Free Web Counter

Visitors Since  2002

Jan Wright


site search by freefind
  

Contact Me


Please make a small donation to help keep the site going 

 

Want great value broadband? Choose PlusNet. Up to 8Mb broadband for under £15. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.

 

This site has put together the most complete record and pictures every gathered in one spot of the Queens Park Crewe with old pictures to the modern day Click on any picture on the site for a full screen picture

 

 

New FREE Computer Help Forum iHelpforum.com

malware2

July 11 2011

 

The Clock Tower has also been finished. The broken stone work has been replaced and the clock face had a face lift

 with the weather vane and metal work repainted. The whole structure has been cleaned

DSCF3153

DSCF3154

 

September 4th 2010

DSCF0115

The main drive is at its best with all the hard work the gardeners have done and everything is now in full bloom

DSCF0122

 

The Jubilee Clock

On entrance into the Park down Central Drive from the gates stands the impressive Jubilee Clock. Donated by the employees of the Railway Company and built in 1888. The tower has four large clock faces surmounted by an elaborate support for the weather vane. The tower is a Grade 2 listed building and is of stone and brick construction.

heads around the clock
Clearly it can be seen within the ornate sandstone and the faces of Queen Victoria (facing north), the Duke of Cambridge (facing south), Sir Richard Moon (facing east, towards the Curator's Lodge which contains his pun) and Francis William Webb (facing west towards the Lodge with his pun upon it). At the rear of the clock is a cast iron plaque explaining how the clock tower was donated by the employees of the Company and unveiled by James Middlelon. Middleton was given this honour for fifty years service to the Company, quite an impressive achievement. Even more impressive when its realized that Middleton was the driver of the first train that stopped at Crewe on the 4th July 1837.
 


Main Entrance to the park On entrance into the Park down Central Drive from the gates stands the impressive Jubilee Clock. Donated by the employees of the Railway Company and built in 1888. The tower has four large clock faces surmounted by an elaborate support for the weather vane. The tower is a Grade 2 listed building and is of stone and brick construction

Queens park Clock inscription

Above the clock and you can see the damage the fountain has long since gone


Jubliee Clock and east lodge

Above the clock and east Lodge
Jubliee Clock
Jubliee Clock and main entrance